New to the British Hen Welfare Trust! We have put together our top 5 must-have Hen Healthcare Essentials and knocked off over 15% of the price it would cost you if you were to purchase these items individually! It is the perfect kit for a first-time hen keeper or even an experienced hen keeper wanting to add to their flock. Get your essentials for all-year-round hen keeping. For all of the benefits of our top 5 Hen Healthcare Essentials please do see below:
- Nettex Poultry Apple Cider Vinegar is a traditional and natural supplement produced in the UK using British and Irish apples that supports your bird’s health and vitality. A natural, unpasteurised supplement which can be added to your bird’s drinking water to support the immune system, maintain vitality and to help promote good digestion. A good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and phosphorous. Natural support for birds during times of stress. 1 Litre.
PLEASE NOTE: Please be aware not to use Apple Cider Vinegar with any galvanised drinkers as it can cause Zinc poisoning which can be life threatening for your hens.
- Nettex Poultry Power Drops (previously known as NutriDrops) are a fast acting pick-me-up supplement packed full of energy and immune supporting vitamins. Instant energy source for weak birds. Helps support birds during periods of stress and illness, including the introduction of new birds to the flock, periods of warm weather or following illness. Helps support peak egg production when maximum stamina and energy are required. 30ml
- Nettex Wound Care spray is a highly effective wound cleanser, for external application to minor wounds on poultry. Antibacterial – providing effective protection from the risk of bacterial infection. Leaves a violet coloured residue when applied to indicate that the affected area has been covered and to disguise the appearance of blood, to help prevent pecking or bullying. An essential tool for minor wound management. Aerosol spray for precise and easy application. Extremely flammable. 250ml
PLEASE NOTE: Gloves and a mask should be worn when using the Antibacterial Blue Spray. If gloves and a mask are not worn side effects can include irritation to eyes, vapours may also cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Zolcal-D is a veterinary formulated liquid calcium supplement with vitamin D3 and magnesium. It is suitable for ex commercial hens and can be given by either putting it in the drinking water or direct dosing. It is used to treat a calcium or vitamin D3 deficiency which can cause poor shell quality. 120ml.
- NAF Life-Guard Poultry Tonic is a nutritional prebiotic, anti-oxidant and vitamin supplement formulated for chickens and poultry, to ensure a healthy immune system and gut flora, and allow birds to cope with environmental change. A key ingredient in Life-Guard is Turmeric, it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent which is very helpful with hen health problems such as bumblefoot or other inflamed injuries chickens might endure. Turmeric also helps with digestion or any respiratory issues your hen may have. A further quality of Turmeric which makes Life-Guard an especially great Poultry Tonic is that various studies suggest that when you have curcumin, a compound of Turmeric in your diet cancerous tumours such as ovarian cancers will be smaller than those in hens not receiving curcumin in their diets. Life-Guard will go above and beyond to help to keep your hens healthy. 250ml.
Directions for use:
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
1 Chicken - 2.5ml per 1L Water
3 Chickens - 7.5ml per 3L Water
10 Chickens - 25ml per 10L Waters