Uphampton Honey - Handmade in Herefordshire - 100% Pure Beeswax Candles
Kev - Burn Time - Approx. 20hrs* - H10cm x L9cm x W5cm
Betty - Burn Time - Approx. 15hrs* - H7.5cm x W5cm x L6cm
*Burn times are approx. as depend on environment
Please Note - Wax will vary in colour from batch to batch depending on what plants the bees have foraged on.
Kev & Betty are sold separately.
- Trim wick to 4/5mm before each burn
- Snuff out, don't blow out
- Burn for 4 hours at a time
- Choose an appropriate fire safe container to burn in - candle plates are ideal
- if you choose to keep your candle as a decoration, you may notice over time it develops a dusty appearance, this is called Bloom as is perfectly normal. It can easily be removed by polishing with a soft cloth.
ABOUT UPHAMPTON HONEY:
Sarah, the lady behind Uphmapton Honey started keeping chickens in 2018 when she rescued 5 ex- commercial laying hens from a local farm. ‘Chicken math' soon took over and she now has over 40, a mix of pure breeds and rescued ex-layers. In 2021 Sarah took her beginners beekeeping course and was gifted her first hive in the Summer of 2022. That Christmas Sarah was gifted a block of beeswax from a fellow beekeeping colleague, and that where the beeswax candle obsession started. Being a chicken lover, when Sarah came across the chicken moulds she just had to have them. Sarah named her chicken candles Kev & Betty after her own chickens - Betty is a rescued warren type hen & Kev is the son of a Maran type hen.