Nettex Total Mite Kill Ready To Use Refill is a highly effective insecticide and disinfectant cleaner for chicken housing.
- Kills mites, lice and other crawling insects.
- Formulated with an oily base, which penetrates deep into cracks and crevices of housing.
- Ready to use formulation.
- Contains Permethrin.
- Comes in 2L refill pack size to help you reduce plastic use through the refilling of your old trigger bottles
How to use:
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
- Remove birds, eggs, feed and eating and drinking utensils.
- Remove all bedding and clean housing thoroughly.
- Spray directly onto all surfaces including the underside of the roof taking particular care to spray in hard to reach areas cracks and crevices.
- Leave to dry fully (at least two hours) before returning birds to housing.
- Apply no more than 1L of product up to 100sqm of surface.
- In times of infestation, apply initially, repeat 3 days later and then use weekly as part of your regular cleaning routine.
For effective removal of the constant threat of Mites and Lice, a weekly 3 step programme is advised as below:
1. Thoroughly clean out the coop with soap and water, use Nettex Virocur Disinfectant, DEFRA approved effective against diseases in Poultry for a deeper clean and remove all faeces, dry matter and bedding.
2. Spray the entire coop with Nettex Total Mite Kill Ready To Use Solution - this will disinfect as well as eradicate mites. This product contains a coating agent which will continue to act on the mites even after it has dried – therefore always shake the product before each use. Never use Nettex Total Mite Kill Ready To Use Solution directly on the birds – it is for application to housing only. Always ventilate treated areas and allow them to dry fully (they dry very quickly) before returning any birds to the treated area. Additionally, use Nettex Total Mite Kill Spray Aerosol to treat hard to reach areas of the housing such as cracks and crevices.
3. Finally, apply Nettex Total Hygiene Powder liberally over the surface of bedding, perches and nest boxes and refill with fresh bedding. It’s also important to add Nettex Total Hygiene Powder in dustbaths. Use Nettex Louse Powder instead when dealing with Lice and Northern Fowl Mite.
*A donation of £10,000 will be made to the British Hen Welfare Trust (charity no.1147356) in connection with 2021/22 Nettex sales.